FORMER MANDELLA TRAINEE UNMARKED BILLS ENJOYING PRODUCTIVE CAREER AS ‘SPORT HORSE’ AT AGE 10 AS HE COMPETES FOR FORMER JOCKEY TURNED CHRB SAFETY STEWARD,NUESCH, AT KENTUCKY HORSE PARK ARCADIA, Calif. (May 11, 2019)–A retired racehorse and a jockey-turned-CHRB Safety Steward acquitted themselves just fine, thank you, this past April 25-28, as the horse/owner duo finished 27th at the prestigious Land Rover Three-Day Event Competition at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington.Originally trained by Hall of Famer Richard Mandella, Unmarked Bills, a foal of 2009 who was bred in Kentucky by Diamond A Racing Corporation, raced at Hollywood Park and Santa Anita, where he broke his maiden for a $20,000 claiming tag on April 4, 2013.Eventually owned by retired jockey David Nuesch and trained by his brother, Patrick Nuesch, Unmarked Bills finished his career at Penn National on Nov. 14, 2014 and retired with earnings of $67,250 from an overall race record of 24-3-6-2.Prior to transitioning to his current position as CHRB Safety Steward at Los Alamitos, Nuesch, 49, had been a full-time exercise rider for Mandella in Southern California.“Unmarked Bills, who we called ‘Billy,’ was one of my favorite rides and I just thought he was a nice horse in general, that loved his job,” said Nuesch. “He was just a cool customer that handled everything in stride, and although he found himself competing at the lower levels of racing here at Santa Anita, he couldn’t wait to go out and train every day.“I purchased him from Diamond A and immediately sent him to my brother Patrick at our family training center, Braeburn, which is located in Virginia. Truthfully, my focus was (running him at one of) the many racing operations on the East Coast, not transitioning him into another career. It was my (future) wife Daryl that knew, with his physical appearance, if racing him back east didn’t pan out, he would make someone a nice ‘Sport Horse.’”Although “Billy” did win two races for the brothers Nuesch, they decided that as the horse approached his 6-year-old campaign in December, 2014, it didn’t make sense for him to continue as a race horse.At this point, Nuesch contacted a family friend, an event rider named Kate Samuels, for advice as to how he could find “Billy” a home where he’d be an active, event-type of horse. Eventually, Unmarked Bills was taken to a farm owned by the family of emerging eventing star Chris Talley in Crozet, Virginia, where he was prepped for sale as an eventer.Although he was for sale, “Billy” remained unsold and with Talley due to a slight breathing issue and Nuesch and his wife Daryl were more than content to leave the arrangement as it was.“This approach just felt right, as the two of them together had done so much in such a short period of time,” said Nuesch. So, as Chris Talley and “Billy” approached their recent five-star eventing competition this past month in Kentucky, horse and rider emerged as fan favorites and were cheered on by both Nuesch and his wife, who works as a full-time assistant to Santa Anita-based trainer Matt Chew.“It was really incredible,” said Nuesch. “Even though my Dad was a three-day rider himself, it really didn’t sink in until we arrived in Lexington, what a big deal this was. Daryl and I both find it humorous that in the racing world, “Billy” would be considered an old man already, but at the tender age of 10, he was among the youngest equine participants at Land Rover this year.”A devoted advocate for Thoroughbreds, Nuesch often recommends the California Retirement Management Account (CARMA) Placement Program to people who are retiring their racehorses.For more information about Santa Anita-based CARMA, please visit santaanita.com or call (626) 574-RACE.
GIOVANI LO CELSO could be the man to replace Christian Eriksen in Tottenham’s starting XI if the Danish playmaker departs the club.The ex-Ajax star – who has just one year left on his deal in North London – has been heavily linked with a move away as Daniel Levy looks to avoid losing him on a free.3 Summer signing Giovani Lo Celso could replace Christian Eriksen in the starting XI should the midfielder leaveIt has been claimed that the 27-year-old will only leave should one of Barcelona, Real Madrid or Juventus come in for him.ESPN state that the attacking midfielder is still keen to make the move out of Spurs before the European transfer window slams shut on September 2.But how will Mauricio Pochettino’s men line-up after the January transfer window when they can finally buy players again?A move for Paulo Dybala appears unlikely after the Old Lady blocked the Argentinian’s switch to Spurs on deadline day.While Sporting Lisbon ace Bruno Fernandes has been ‘offered to Los Blancos’ after Tottenham passed up the opportunity to nab him.And after bringing in Lo Celso, Ryan Sessegnon and Tanguy Ndombele this summer, Pochettino could opt against making any further signings in the New Year.SPURRED ONHugo Lloris will retain his place between the sticks, with right-back Kyle Walker-Peters to remain in the line-up after starting in the opening two games.Toby Alderweireld – another player with just a year left – could start at centre-back with Davinson Sanchez, with teenage starlet Ryan Sessegnon shifted to left-back, despite playing last year as a left winger for Fulham.The 19-year-old is currently out injured and is yet to make his debut for the Tottenham, but big things are expected of the youngster.3LATEST TOTTENHAM NEWSHARRY ALL FOUR ITKane admits Spurs must win EIGHT games to rise into Champions League spotGossipALL GONE PETE TONGVertonghen wanted by host of Italian clubs as long Spurs spell nears endBELOW PARRSpurs suffer blow with Parrott to miss Prem restart after appendix operationPicturedSHIRT STORMNew Spurs 2020/21 home top leaked but angry fans slam silver design as ‘awful”STEP BY STEP’Jose fears for players’ welfare during restart as stars begin ‘pre-season’KAN’T HAVE THATVictor Osimhen keen on Spurs move but only if they sell Kane this summer3Club-record signing Ndombele will likely be the club’s anchor in the middle of midfield, keeping the likes of Moussa Sissoko and Harry Winks out of the side.Sitting in front of the Frenchman could be Lo Celso and Dele Alli, with Erik Lamela to be alternated in the starting XI as Spurs look to juggle playing in four competitions.A front three could consist of Harry Kane leading the line, with Heung-min Son and Lucas Moura playing either side of the England captain.Sunday Premier League preview including Tottenham v Newcastle
Tonga batted first with Nikolasi Moala (14) and Aloisio Pau’u (22) putting on a solid opening partnership of 36.But good bowling from PNG’s Alei Nao had the pair dismissed.The rest of the Tongan batters did not put up much of a fight as the next five wickets fell for 18 runs.Tail ender Lea Tenisi chipped in late in the innings with 12 runs.Tonga was all bowled out for a measly 83.Jason Kila was the best of the PNG bowlers picking up 3/10.PNG chased down the target easily in the 10th over thanks to a fired up Raho Sam (33) and Kipling Doriga (26).The winning run was hit by Jason Kila with a stroke along the ground to mid-on.In other matches, Vanuatu beat New Caledonia by 73 runs.
Projection of 60 points at least to achieve sixth or seventh place in LaLiga. Betis will need them to have options to return to Europe. With 24 at the end of the first round, in the thirteenth place of the table and with many teams ahead, those of Rubi must complete a second part of the worthy Champions League course if they wish to reach the goal set at the beginning of the course and that by budget and social entity especially deserve greenish fans.Six points separate Betis from Getafe, which now occupies that seventh position. Seven of Valencia, which is sixth. At one point of the blues is a quite plugged Athletic and with 28, in ninth position, is Villarreal, habitual of the heights that he suffered last year to stay but that this campaign aims again to fight in the noblest part of the classification.Too many opponents. A further 36 points, a priori, must be added by the Verdiblancos in the next 19 league matches if they want to have European options. That means winning 11 or 12 of those matches. Many, if you consider that in the first round only half have been won, six. The immediate calendar will be basic to note if there are options to achieve the feat: Real Sociedad, Getafe, Eibar and Barcelona await. 60 points were precisely those achieved by Betis de Quique Setién two campaigns ago to achieve the last pass to the Europa League of the Verdiblancos. On day 19, the team that trained the Cantabrian coach had three more points, 27, than those who have joined Rubi so far.It is true that a run of six consecutive victories, the best in Betis First in its history, precipitated a second round with 33 points. Then the Verdiblanco team occupied precisely the seventh position, two points away from Sevilla, which was 29. This year the matter seems much more expensive. Last season, the team still trained by Setién was also better than in this one, with 26 points. He was also seventh then and two points behind Getafe, sixth as now, who was 28. LaLiga Santander* Data updated as of January 6, 2020
With the dismissal of ‘Carletto’ and the hiring of Gattuso, Naples again uses the 4-3-3 that made it great with Sarri, and in this winter market he had to sign two positional midfielders: In addition to Lobotka, Diego Demme of Leipzig has arrived (cost 12 million more variables), which premiered yesterday in the Italian Cup match with Perugia. Stanislav Lobotka will become a player in Naples in the next few hours. The Slovak has been in the southern city since Saturday with his agents Branislav Jasurek, Sasha Huet-Baranov and Naim Bahtiri: this morning, the player went to the sports city of Castel Volturno to sign the four and a half year contract with the partenopea entity, which will guarantee a salary of 1.8 million euros net. Celta Vigo, with this operation, will receive 20 million euros plus 4 in variables: the Italians had to increase their offer a lot to get the services of ‘Lobo’, which they had been following for two years. In principle, the footballer had been chosen as a replacement for Jorginho in 2018, although the arrival of Ancelotti changed the plans for midfield.
The Xilokan hamlet, where the arrests occurred. Image: EFE ‘Artapalo’, ‘Fitti’ and ‘Txelis’ fell into the hands of the Civil Guard and the Gauls expertsSpain followed them months ago, Gonzalez was able to fly them and saved the Olympic Games and the ExpoA mole, an informer and a lost agenda, keys in the biggest blow to the band ‘Artapalo’ has a pirate’s name but was an ETA gunman, ‘Fittipaldi’ did not drive cars and ‘Txelis’ fell off the horse like Tarsus, and went from terrorist to santurrón. On March 29, 1992, in full years of lead, three of the top ETA chiefs ended up being shackled in an operation of which their 25th anniversary is celebrated this Wednesday and which has been considered for three decades the model to be followed by the forces of security of Spain and France. The date coincides with the announcement of the disarmament of ETA, which still has 200 weapons and five tons of explosives in its possession.The ETA decapitation in Bidart, seven kilometers from Biarritz (France) and 20 from the border, was the biggest blow against the criminal organization in its history: for the first time the dome was dismantled, which also had more than a decade in the Power to blow of car bomb and shot in the neck.Francisco Múgica Garmendia, ‘Pakito’ or ‘Artapalo’ (number one ETA and responsible for commands), José María Arregui Erostarbe, ‘Fittipaldi’ (the bomb expert), and José Luis Álvarez Santacristina, ‘Txelis’ (ideologue and strategist of the band of the ax and the snake), were arrested in a macrooperación cooked to simmer, with collaboration on both sides of the border, a mole of the Civil Guard infiltrated and above all patience, much patience. 8:40 – 03/29/2017 | 15:02 – 03/29/17 Barcelona 92 and the Expo in the headAfter the seizure of Sokoa in 1986 and the killing of Hipercor in 1987 (21 dead in Barcelona), the Ajuria Enea Pact and the Algiers talks incardinate the framework where Bidart will germinate. The success was conceived in the infiltration of a mole among the terrorists, according to the version of the General of the Civil Guard, Enrique Rodríguez Galindo, later convicted by the LAGs. Following the decommissioning of the Eibar Command in 1989, information from a confidant (known by Cesid as ‘Pedro’ according to Interview, was a member legal which became a sneak) “takes Galindo to watch over an ETA leader for months until he guides him to the direction of the band”, as confirmed by The country José Luis Corcuera, at that time Minister of the Interior. An agenda lost by José Luis Urrusolo Sistiaga, of the Barcelona command, did the rest.Thus, an operation of the Benemérita guarded the area that Sunday afternoon. They had been on the track for four months and even had the option of taking a step forward only a fortnight.After half an hour of six, the agents see how ‘Txelis’ arrives on a motorcycle at a farmhouse in Bidart, where ‘Fitti’ is already. Soon after, another terrorist acts as a driver for a stranger in his Ford Escort. Their shouts, their imprecations and the fact that they have changed vehicles up to three times, leaves no doubt: it is a big fish. An officer of the armed institute even acknowledges it: they are the features of ‘Artapalo’, it is ‘Pakito’, the ultimate goal in the Spanish anti-terrorist struggle. Green light: the elite gala unit (since the armed institute cannot act on French soil) executes the operation at breakneck speed. Although all three carry guns, they barely have time to try to burn photos and documents. Everything is calm at twenty to seven.The Moncloa breathes relief: there were only 22 days left before the inauguration of the Seville Expo and that summer the Olympic Games were held in Barcelona. The anti-terrorist blow was a great victory.“It’s over,” Rodríguez Galindo snapped at ‘Pakito’ at the Bayonne police station. For the Artapalo collective, as this slope (commando, in Basque) was known as its leader, of course yes.Gonzalez and the bomb that wasn’tBefore Bidart, former government president Felipe González was able to “give an order to liquidate the entire ETA dome”, he had “an opportunity” and refused, as he explained in an interview with the Prisa newspaper in 2010. According to his version, Spanish espionage had detected a meeting the direction of the band in Iparralde, the French Basque Country: “It was possible to fly them all together.” “I said no,” he explained then.González, who dated that moment between 1990 or 1989, explained how this episode happened: “It is located place and day, but the possibility that we had to stop them was zero, they were outside our territory. And the possibility that the operation was done by France at that time it was very scarce. Now it would have been easier (…) At that time it was only possible to fly them all together in the house where they were going to meet (…) The decision is yes or no I simplify it, I said: No. And I add to this: I still don’t know if I did the right thing, “he said.
The German tennis participant Jan-Lennard Struff has joined the numerous voices who imagine that in this 12 months there will be no skilled tennis as a result of coronavirus disaster, and in his case he has expressed his concern that doping might return to this sport, based on he mentioned within the newest “Avantage” Podcast.“There may be so much money at stake that I’m afraid there will be doping once more. I don’t know in what manner,” he mentioned. Going through those that argue that doping is ineffective in tennis, Stuff mentioned it might probably assist pace restoration. “I suppose doping results in one thing in any sport,” he added. The German thought of that the return to the tracks may be very unbelievable this season. “I suppose in 2020 there will be no extra skilled tennis as a result of it will not be doable for gamers, on account of totally different journey limitations, to journey to tournaments,” he mentioned. To this, based on Struff, quantity 34 on the planet. It’s added that in every venue there would be sufficient issues in themselves.Struff, due to a particular allow, can practice however, he mentioned, he’s doing it midway. “Coaching at full pace after a protracted pause doesn’t result in something from a technical standpoint. Being bodily match is vital however in tennis we go step-by-step. Now I practice thrice per week,” he mentioned.“When all the pieces begins once more, coaching will must be intensified,” he added. Struff additionally raised the thought of, when the time got here, create small native tournaments in Germany so that the tennis gamers have a sure rhythm of competitors.