AG CONNECT to Join with Commodity Classic Starting in 2016

first_img AG CONNECT to Join with Commodity Classic Starting in 2016 Home Indiana Agriculture News AG CONNECT to Join with Commodity Classic Starting in 2016 By Andy Eubank – Oct 22, 2013 Facebook Twitter Previous articleUS East Coast ethanol stocks continue decline to lowest recorded levelNext articleGovernor Pence Shells 225 Bushel Corn Andy Eubank Facebook Twitter SHARE SHARE Commodity Classic announcementCommodity Classic is getting bigger. So is AG CONNECT Expo and Summit, and in 2016 in New Orleans they will begin a melding of the two events into one for even larger growth. The announcement was made Tuesday morning.“It’s great news for our growers,” said Martin Barbre from Illinois, president of the National Corn Growers Association. “It’s going to bring them a bigger, a better show, with so much more to see and do. Anyone who has been to Commodity Classic has seen how much we’ve grown in recent years. We’ve added in our wheat and sorghum affiliates, and now with AEM joining in, we’re going to have a show that just simply can’t be missed.”Barbre added the announcement for 2016 is the perfect evolution of the event, “and it’s coming at just the right time.”He says one reason it’s the right time is the continual growth of Commodity Classic.“Last year in Kissimmee, Florida or record attendance totaled more than 6,200. That included a record number of more than 3,300 corn, soybean, wheat and sorghum growers. There were also more than 1,000 first time attendees.”Danny Murphy, president of the American Soybean Association said the decision was made by farmers for the show about farmers and produced and led by farmers.“I think that’s reflected in this decision. The decision was the result of a farmer led strategic vision taskforce comprised of NCGA and ASA farmer-leaders that met this past summer. As farmers we want to see the newest innovations from all our solution providers, from seeds to equipment, and be able to talk to the companies’ top executives too. This partnership allows us to get that right along with everything else that makes Classic the place to be each year.”Bill Schuermann, ASA’s executive director, Member & Industry Relations, says new, larger venues for Commodity Classic will be needed.“The Classic already has outgrown many of the cities that we were already attending, so as we were looking ahead we were already looking at larger venues. Obviously with AG CONNECT and Commodity Classic coming together that will impact where we can have our show.”Charlie O’Brien, senior vice president of the Association of Equipment Manufacturers which owns and produces AG CONNECT, says they’ve emphasized quality in their shows just as Commodity Classic has, so it will be a great fit.“WE also feel that the vision of both Commodity Classic and AG CONNECT experiences are consistent in the vision of the future in creating a premiere, must attend event that focuses on quality and not just quantity. It’s really the quality in exhibits, quality in attendees, quality in the educational programming, and the quality of the overall experience for both the attendees and the exhibitors.”Next year Commodity Classic will be in San Antonio and in 2015 it moves to Phoenix. AG CONNECT Expo & Summit is next scheduled for Indianapolis in late January of 2015.last_img read more

Your Ministers Can’t Say That The Third Wave of COVID Has Peaked, Delhi HC Tells Delhi Govt While Directing Filing Of Fresh Status Reports

first_imgNews UpdatesYour Ministers Can’t Say That The Third Wave of COVID Has Peaked, Delhi HC Tells Delhi Govt While Directing Filing Of Fresh Status Reports Karan Tripathi20 Nov 2020 12:42 AMShare This – xThe Division Bench of Justice Hima Kohli and Subramonium Prasad of the Delhi High Court after taking into consideration the status report filed by the Delhi Government highlighting the steps taken by it to manage the rising COVID-19 cases in Delhi, ordered a Fresh Status Report to be filed within one week on Thursday.While issuing the said direction, the court pulled up the Delhi Government…Your free access to Live Law has expiredTo read the article, get a premium account.Your Subscription Supports Independent JournalismSubscription starts from ₹ 599+GST (For 6 Months)View PlansPremium account gives you:Unlimited access to Live Law Archives, Weekly/Monthly Digest, Exclusive Notifications, Comments.Reading experience of Ad Free Version, Petition Copies, Judgement/Order Copies.Subscribe NowAlready a subscriber?LoginThe Division Bench of Justice Hima Kohli and Subramonium Prasad of the Delhi High Court after taking into consideration the status report filed by the Delhi Government highlighting the steps taken by it to manage the rising COVID-19 cases in Delhi, ordered a Fresh Status Report to be filed within one week on Thursday.While issuing the said direction, the court pulled up the Delhi Government on its media briefings on rising COVID19 cases in Delhi. The court said:’Your ministers can’t say to media that the third wave of the virus has peaked when the number of positive rises are still rising every day.’It may be highlighted that vide order dated 11th November, 2020, the scope of the present petition had been extended by this court in the light of the fact that Delhi had been reeling under COVID-19 infection since the very beginning of November, 2020 and the daily figure of the infection had mounted to 8,593 cases as on 10th November, 2020, with 4016 Containment zones.The High Court had enquired into the relaxation in public movement rules given in the festive season and the extremely poor quality of the air in Delhi, allowing the COVID-19 virus to survive for a longer duration thereby increasing the severity of the disease. The Government had also been asked to highlight concrete steps taken by it to ensure strict adherence to the norms of wearing a mask, maintaining social distancing, adhering to norms of adequate hygiene, preventing crowding at public places/ public transports, making adequate arrangement for hospitalization of patients suffering from COVID-19 infection and others who require to be shifted to care homes.In compliance with the direction of this court issued on 11th November, 2020, the Status Report dated 18th November, 2020, had been filed by Delhi Government. The Court was informed about the various steps and orders passed by the Disaster Management Authority from time to time, based on the Guidelines issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Govt. of India, after assessing the local situation. Mr. Sandeep Sethi, learned Senior Advocate appearing with Mr. Satyakam, learned ASC for the Govt. of NCT of Delhi informed the court that a number of relaxations permitted by the Govt. of India have not been implemented in Delhi given the rising cases.Stringent measures including restrictions on the number of persons who can participate during marriage ceremonies, disallowing the Chhatpuja festival/celebrations at public parks/spaces and bursting of crackers during Diwali have been implemented. The court was informed that a new testing kit, namely ‘Feluda’ which has come in the market recently, shall also be considered as another option for ramping up testing in view of the shorter time that it takes to obtain a report on collecting a sample.As for the enforcement of the norms of social distancing, wearing of masks and appropriate behaviour during the COVID-19 times, it was stated that dedicated multi-organizational mobile teams have been constituted and fines have been imposed on those not adhering to the norms.The court expressed its concerns over the inadequacy of the number of Enforcement vehicles and the Enforcement teams given the population of Delhi. It also expressed its displeasure and concerns over the insufficient fines imposed for violation of the norms of social distancing and of wearing masks and their failure to act as a deterrent.The court observed that Delhi Government between 9th November, 2020 to 17th November, 2020, had undertaken 2,98,553 tests through RAT and 1,53,025 tests through RTPCR and other similar modes, which is just about 50% of the total testing undertaken in this period. It emphasized the need to increase the testing through RTPCR and other similar modes given that the number of asymptomatic persons in Delhi are huge and the rate of positivity had been slowly climbing up, having reached 14% and of which the Delhi Government had failed to take notice despite constant emphasis by the Court. It also pointed out the daily reported cases of the infection do not reflect the claims of decrease in cases being made by the by Ministers and high-ranking officers of the Delhi Government in the press.It had been stated on behalf of the Delhi Government that steps are being taken to invite the public at large to make suggestions to contain the COVID-19 infection which the court observed was rather belated given the situations of lack of manpower. The Status Report did not throw any light on the steps taken by the Delhi Government to create facilities of Care homes to shift those who are infected and the same was directed to be included in the next Status Report.Keeping this in mind the court ordered that,”Considering the steep rise in the daily death rate in Delhi in the past couple of weeks, Delhi Government is directed to set out in the next Status Report, the steps taken by it to ensure that adequate arrangements have been made at all crematoriums and burial places for performing the last rites of those who have succumbed to the infection. Fresh Status Report shall be filed within one week.”The matter will now be heard next on 26th November, 2020.Ld. Sr. Adv. Mr. Sandeep Sethi and Ld. ASC Mr. Satyakam had appeared for the Govt. of NCT of Delhi.Click Here To Download Order[Read Order]Next Storylast_img read more

Coast Guard rescues 66 people stranded on ice in Wisconsin

first_imgKirkikis/iStockBy HALEY YAMADA, ABC News(GREEN BAY, Wis.) — The U.S. Coast Guard worked with local and state agencies to rescue 66 fishermen who were stranded on three separate ice chunks that became detached from the shore Thursday in Door County, Wisconsin.The ice broke about a half mile off shore and created a 1,000-foot gap between ice chunks and rough water, first responders told Green Bay ABC affiliate WBAY-TV.Two helicopters from Air State Traverse City responded to the incident and were able to get everybody off the ice.The Door County Sheriff’s Office urged everyone to use caution on the ice as weather conditions changed with the snow and wind.The Ephraim Firefighters Association Chief Justin MacDonald shared a strong warning for others on Facebook Thursday.“No fish is worth getting injured, you also are placing every emergency responder in danger for your actions,” said MacDonald.Copyright © 2021, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.last_img read more